If you have that sweet tooth and want you and your family to avoid treats full of refined sugar then you have to give these Strawberry Shortcake Bliss Bites a go courtesy of our friend Emma of 'Better with Cake'.
They are Gluten and Refined Sugar free so the perfect addition to the lunch box.
What you need
- 2-3 scoops of Proganics Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 3/4 cup Medjool Dates (approximately 8 large)
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon of Almond Butter
- /2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
How to make these delicious balls
- Optional but highly (HIGHLY) recommended – Place your almonds and cashews on to a lined baking tray and roast at 175’C/350’F for 5-10 mins until lightly toasted, gloriously golden and deliciously fragrant.
- Once toasted, place your nuts into your food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture.
- Add dates and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky “dough”.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, salt along with the protein then process again until combined.
- Add freeze dried strawberries and process again to combine.
- Using your hands, roll approx 1 small Tablespoons worth of dough into bite size balls then set aside FYI – I like to make my bites on the smaller side. You would probably need 3 of mine to make up one of those golf ball size bites you buy at cafe’s or in stores.
- If you are going to coat your bliss bites simply place your strawberry powder & coconut into a small bowl or zip lock bag and gentle press/shake until nicely coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Bliss Ball Recipe, Certified Organic Recipes, Certified Organic Whey, Healthy treat, No refined sugar, Organic Recipe, Protein Balls, Protein Recipes, Strawberry Shortcake