What Australian doesn't love a good Lamington? They are the perfect mix of cake, chocolate and coconut however are normally packed full of sugar.
Don't worry, Proganics have you covered with our awesome take on a Lamington with our awesome Organic Lamington Protein Ball recipe. They are high in protein, contain no refined sugar and are gluten free which make them the perfect treat on International Lamington Day.....
- ½ cup of PROGANICS Vanilla Protein (You can use either our Organic Whey or Organic Plant protein)
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Milk or Full Cream Milk
- 5 tablespoons of Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of PROGANICS Powdered Peanut Butter Original
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ¼ cup of Almond Meal
- ¼ cup of Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/2 cup Cacao
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Pinch salt
- Shredded Coconut (for rolling)
- Add all ingredients for mixture into a food processor and pulse until combined. Roll into balls and place in the fridge to set
- To make the chocolate sauce;
- Add water, syrup, cacao, coconut oil and salt into small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk to combine.
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickens, whisking occasionally then remove from heat and cool
- Remove the balls from the fridge once set.
- Dip the protein balls in the chocolate sauce (if too thick at a little cold water).
- Roll in shredded coconut and set to enjoy.