This awesome recipe is courtesy of Katie from 'Clean Eats From a Filthy Mouth'.
"Peanut Butter + Chocolate. Name a more drool worthy, utterly delightful duo, I’ll wait. And I have kids that take three years to get in the car, my waiting game is strong.
But wait, believe it or not, it gets better, because when you turn that winning combo into soft, fudgy protein balls you get a seriously good, seriously guilt free snack that ranks 11/10 on the satisfaction scale.
Using Proganics peanut butter powder helps to make these a lighter, macro friendly option for nut butter lovers who still want the fab PB taste minus the full fat intake. Or it just means you can eat twice as many. Either way is a win.
The result is balls that taste like a satisfyingly indulgent treat but are lower in fat, high in protein and packed full of goodness to get you through that mid-afternoon slump, or any time you might want a cheeky little Choc-PB hit.
The chocolate coating is optional and if you want to keep them a little more virtuous you can skip it, but I never met a layer of chocolate I didn’t like!"
Now the recipe;
- 1/2 cup Proganics Certified Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, in your choice of flavour
- 60 grams Proganics Chocolate or Vanilla protein. You can use either the Certified Organic Whey or Certified Organic Plant protein.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoon rice malt syrup, maple syrup or your choice of sticky sweetener (amount according to your taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoons sticky sweetener
- 80% or above dark chocolate
- Add the the PB powder, protein and salt to a bowl and mix to combine then add the coconut oil or PB, sticky sweetener, and JUST 1 tablespoon water to begin with.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a fairly crumbly mixture. Add a little more water at a time mixing in between to bring the mixture together and create a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Roll into teaspoon-ish sized balls and place in the fridge to set or freezer if you’re planning to chocolate coat them. The colder your balls the faster the chocolate will set when you dip them.
- Alternatively if you’re feeling the CBF mood you can just press the mixture into a lined container and cut into squares to make a protein fudge. Equally delicious, just a little less admin required!
Chocolate Coating (Optional, but highly recommended)
- For the homemade chocolate version throw all the ingredients in a bowl and microwave on medium heat in 20-30 second to melt then mix well to create a smooth, glossy chocolate.
- If you’re ready made chocolate melt it in the microwave in 20 second bursts or in a double boiler (bowl over a pot of boiling water) until it is fully liquid.
- Remove the balls from the freezer, dunk in the liquid chocolate and roll around to fully coat then place on a plate or tray lined with non-stick paper.
- If you opted for the low-admin fudge option over balls you don’t have to miss out on the chocolate factor, just pour over the top to make a cracking good layer of chocolate on top.
- When all balls (or fudge) are lovingly coated throw them back in the freezer to set.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened remove from the freezer, cut the fudge into bars or squares or pop the balls straight into your mouth and ENJOY!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Choc Peanut Butter Protein Balls, Gluten Free, Healthy treat, Organic, Organic Recipe, Organic Snack, powdered peanut butter, Protein Balls, Protein Dessert, Protein recipe, Protein snack, Protein treat